Tuesday, November 27, 2012

CABIN FEVER has set in.....I am going crazy!!!!

Cabin Fever has set in......I am going a bit crazy!

BUT I  made it 2 weeks in bed after the surgery. I have been so good...the only thing I have done that I shouldn't have is dishes.
I go to the doctor tomorrow to find out what I will be able to do going forward....YAY at least I won't be in my bed all day every day! Today has been the hardest since the surgery, I am bored out of my mind and tired of being here. I am missing my life!

The surgery was a little more intense than I thought it would be. I don't know how to pronounce the surgery that they did. I had a Laminotomy (Hemilaminectomy) with decompression of nerve roots including partial Facetectomy, foraminotomy and/or excision of herniated intervertebral disc. I looked this up and this is what I found......

A laminotomy is an orthopaedic neurosurgical procedure that removes part of a lamina of the vertebral arch in order to decompress the corresponding spinal cord and/or spinal nerve root.

This was originally performed as a hemilaminectomy, consisting in the removal of either the left or right half of the lamina, but is now more commonly carried out as the removal of a portion of both sides of the lamina (while retaining the rest to preserve vertebral stability as much as possible). Laminotomy is also often accompanied by facetectomy.

Facetectomy is a surgical procedure which involves decompression of a spinal nerve root. For example, it can be performed in severely resistant cases of cervical rhizalgia, where the cervical nerve roots within the intervertebral foramina are decompressed.[

 

  • Facetectomy – a facetectomy is a surgical procedure in which a spine specialist removes the vertebral joint – either in whole or in part – should inflammation from the joint cause nerve compression. This operation is used to prevent a degenerated, or arthritic, joint from irritating a nerve. Stabilization surgery is sometimes required if removing the joint puts the overall integrity of the spine in jeopardy.
  • Foraminotomy – a foraminotomy is a procedure used to widen a foramen in the spine. These canals are where nerve roots normally exit the spinal canal, but if they become narrowed, painful nerve compression can occur. During a foraminotomy, the spinal surgeon will carefully remove the sources of the foraminal stenosis, such as calcified ligaments, bone spurs, herniated discs, and other types of spinal deterioration.

I am so grateful for so many wonderful people in my life. I am so humbled and would never be able to express my gratitude accurately.

My friends and neighbors have brought me meals every day and night for 2 weeks. Brought me Starbucks during the day. Come over and hung out on my bed with me, Raked my entire yard, put up Christmas, cleaned my bathrooms, helped me get dressed, sent me flowers, driven great distances to come and visit me, texted me and called to check on me, brought me my favorite treats, Taken my children into their homes and driven them places, gone to the store for me and so much more.

I am so grateful to know such amazing people that make me want to be better. I am grateful to live in a community that takes care of each other. What a blessing you all are to me. You make me want to be a better person!

Before surgery



After surgery


My cute Niece

My other cutest nieces

Where I have been for 2 weeks......Everything I need is within reach

One of the yummy meals brought over

My Fabulous Scar
Wonderful friends working on my yard




My cute sis and bro in law

 

2 comments:

  1. All those big words just confused me, but the scar says it all. OUch! I'm glad you've had so many people to help out. Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so glad you have been well taken care of. I know how hard it is for you to stay still! Wish I was there...Love you!

    ReplyDelete