Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Old Friends and how they shape us

My 20 year high school reunion is coming up in a few months. This along with cleaning out and reorganizing my house has me going through alot of old boxes that I haven't gone through in years and years.
It is so fun to see all the old pictures and notes. I am so glad that I kept nearly everything ever given to me. I have letters that were mailed to me when I went out of town for the summer between 9th and 10th grade. I have postcards from friends when they went on family trips, Notes that were passed in class in Jr. High and high school.

The "What's Hot and What's NOT" lists that we made in 9th grade at SJMS.

TONS of pictures, birthday cards given to me starting from my 14th birthday.
I had the BEST group of friends from 8th grade on through graduation. I tell my kids that who they associate with now will shape their life. I remember my parents saying that to me and not believing it. I am so grateful this is true and so grateful for the amazing people that chose to be my friends and shaped who I became.
I transferred to Bingham Middle school in 8th grade. I wanted to swim for Bingham High School and I was also teased so much at Hunter Jr High and really didn't have many friends and the ones I did have were not a good influence on me.
I only knew 2 people at Bingham Middle School, Spencer Larson and Heather Miller. I will forever be grateful to them for introducing me to all of their friends and including me.

For the next 5 years, I had truly some of the best years of my life. My friends were all such good kids and kept me out of trouble. We really were just nerds but we had so much fun.
I think about all of our crazy adventures (I know we have a lot of them on video).

A few nights ago several of us from this group of friends got together for dinner with our spouses/significant others. What an incredible evening this was.
Even though some of us hadn't seen each other since graduation, it seemed as if we hadn't missed a day in talking to each other. Everyone is really happy and living good lives. Of the 7 of us that were there only 3 of us didn't marry someone from our group of friends.
It felt like we were right back in school again.

Ted, Clark, Mike, Annie, Juli, Angie, Jen, Julie, Tadd and John


What a difference good friends can make in your life. I am so blessed with good friends now.
I am so grateful that I was blessed with such good friends then and that I am still friends with them now.
Chris and Eric

My first car....we did a calendar with each of us posing in or on our cars....All of our cars had different names too. :-)

Clark, Ted, Chris and Eric

Eric, Ted and Chris



NERDS







Eric and I at Hardees




Chris passed away after graduation...

Another car calendar picture

"Kick back who cares" This was during gym class.

John and I, Love this guy!





Now he is a graduate from MIT and a Professor at BYU.


In Yearbook

Tadd and John

Me, Clark and Ted

YES!!!! I have an autographed print of this.












The funnest dance I went to in High School.

Me, Angie and Jodie







Me, Clark, Ted, Tadd and Bonnie






No comments:

Post a Comment