We are driving to Jackson Hole on Monday morning, renting an RV and then going to stay inside Yellowstone National Park and near Teton Nation Park. We are meeting my parents and 3 of my siblings there, they all have trailers and we will be camping next to each other.
I am (what I consider) to be one of the lucky ones that was raised by parents who always had a trailer or motor home. They packed all 6 of us kids up quite regularly and off we went.
These are some of my sweetest memories growing up....the Motor home/camping trips.
I didn't go on a plane until I was 17. We drove EVERYWHERE in our Motor home....I LOVED it though I don't know how my parents survived all of us on all of those trips.
We went to almost every national park in the country in our motor home and most places in the West that you could camp, hike and fish.
I think my two favorite trips in the motor home were when we went to Florida and stopped everywhere in between Utah and Florida. And when we drove from Utah to Corvallis, Oregon all along the coast.
I love all the fun and interesting people you meet in all the campgrounds. One of my parents favorite stories to tell about me is from when we were camping, I was about 3 years old. They couldn't find me and were frantic. Looking all over the RV Campground. As they started talking to people around the campground everyone said "Oh we met Annie, she told us all about all of you" until they finally found me eating with an older couple. They told my parents how I had walked up and said "I am Annie, what is your name?" and then talked their heads off.
My parents also love to talk about how every place we would stay it would be only a day or so before I had met everyone there and people would come up to them and say "Your Annie's parents...we met her and she told us all about you".
Some things never change, I still love meeting people and getting to know them.
I also have been repaid by having Savana, who we have frantically looked for several times on vacation only to find her in other peoples condo's visiting or having lunch. I can't tell you how many times I have had people come up to me and say "Are you Savana's mom?" because she has been talking to them and introduced herself to them.
I LOVE the mountains, I love the hikes, the camp fires, the dutch oven meals and the one on one time with family. I love everything about trips like this.
We have taken our kids a few times in motor homes and all of them say these are their favorite trips. I am looking forward to making more of these memories with my kids and grand kids.
I am so excited to spend the time with my parents, siblings, their kids, Savy and MAYBE Cassi.
Me in the back with mom, Katie, Karrie and Keith
Robert Otteson and I on one of our camping trips.
Me fishing...Check out that soda can
Me in the red running in the trailer
me on our Oregon trip on the beach
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)
I've always wanted to go on an RV trip!! I'm so excited for you! I loved seeing all the pictures of you on your trips. Your younger pictures remind me so much of your two girls. Be sure to post about your trip when you get back--with pictures too!
ReplyDelete