Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A force to be reckoned with...Savannah aka Savy

Savannah Beth Hedberg was born on March 9, 2001, what a beautiful baby she was and a wonderful day. We had to find a place for Kailee to go and who would be taking care of her while I was in the hospital so we got to choose the day. When Savana was 4 days old I was laying on my couch, trying to figure out how to take care of her and Kailee at the same time and realized that Savvy had more cognitive ability than Kailee did at just 4 days old. As She started to grow, I decided that maybe Heavenly Father sent Savvy with extra personality, drive, mischief, humor, love and just about everything to make up for what I lost in Kailee. Savana hit the ground running and has never stopped. She is thankfully my baby because I don't think I would have been able to handle another child. She demands what she needs and takes it whether you want her to or not. She will never be someone that sits quietly in the shadows. I really believe that when you lose a child and/or have a "Special Needs" child, the child that follows the special needs child has to be extremely strong willed for several reasons...for them to survive and get the attention they need and deserve and also to make you have to function when the pain of what you are going through or have gone through makes you just want to sit in your bedroom and hide.
Some of my favorite things about my baby girl are her absolute love for life and everyone in it. If she has your phone number in her phone you know how often she calls just to chat or text you to make sure you are ok. I don't know how many times she will tell me things about my friends that I didn't even know because she has taken the time to sit and chat with them. When I have gone out of town in the past I ask her who she wants to stay with so I can make arrangements...often times it is my friends that she would rather stay with even though they don't have children her age...
I love that she will and does talk to anyone she can. No matter where we are she will know everyone in a matter of minutes. She will go up and introduce herself and talk to them. One time we were in Bear Lake and we couldn't find Savana, finally we started knocking doors of the condo's nearby. She was next door with a sweet older couple having lunch with them. They thought we knew...I have a hundred of these stories about Savana. I often times find her at either of my next door neighbors house because she has gone over to check on them and to chat.
I love her desire to learn everything she can. If she doesn't know what something is she will google it and spend hours reading about it to figure out what it means. One time she asked me what "Fossils" meant. I explained what I knew to her, she left and went out to the computer...2 hours later I asked her what she was still doing on the computer and walked over to look, she had 5 different websites pulled up reading about fossils and dinosaurs. She simply cannot get enough information.
She has the confidence that I have rarely seen in anyone let a lone a 10 year old.
I am so lucky to have been blessed with Savana as my daughter. Sometimes I wonder why I ever taught her how to talk because truly she NEVER stops talking. She has brought so much joy to my life. She is a darling sister, friend and daughter.
On her blessing day! She still had her beautiful dark hair...

Sitting with Kailee

With my Nephew Ben..they are a month apart
Just so pretty...look at those lips.
One year old...hair starting to turn blond..
With my mom in her pool
Cassi, Kailee and Savvy
She was always laying on Kailee and bringing her toys
With Cassi

Such Cute sisters
Again Laying with Kailee
Her hair went SOOOO blond. On one of our horses
She still makes this face....
On her first day of Kindergarten


Snowboarding with Greyden in the back yard
With Olly and Molly...She is such an animal lover

Always teasing
Her baptism
With her dog Chanel
Singing and playing the piano with my Grandma Bertoch
She is allergic to mosquito's...look at that cheek...one bite does this to her.
This was a family home evening where we talked about inner beauty. They tried to make themselves as ugly as they could on the outside.....so funny
I Just love this picture of Savvy....I love my daughter and am so grateful I am her mother!

3 comments:

  1. Annie Bo Bannie!! I didn't know you had a blog! I loved reading about Savanna and your other post about Kailee. I hope you don't mind that I added you to my friends list on my blog....love you tons! I miss you tons too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah was one of the first people Sandra and I met when we moved into this ward. We were her 5-6 yr old primary teachers. She was a delight then and darling still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I loved seeing all of these pictures of Savannah! She is so beautiful and I am excited to see her grow up in the years to come. What a personality! Happy birthday Savy!!

    ReplyDelete