I don't know if it is appropriate to blog about this or not but I decided that this is my blog and I should be able to write whatever I am feeling.
I have written before about how Joey and I met and were married quickly and I have shared my thoughts and feelings about him.
Well almost 13 years later....We are getting Divorced. I am so terribly sad at the end of this long of a relationship.
We have gone through so much together. I think we have gone through more than most people go through in a lifetime in the last 12.5 years.
We have shared 6 different homes, 5 children, too many dogs to name, horses, peacocks even a cat or two....outside of course.
We have gone on some of the funnest trips of my life.
We have watched our children suffer together and watched one of them die.
We watched our daughter be born and our older kids come together from step siblings to a family.
We watched both of our sons graduate from High School.
We have cried together, Cried because of each other.
We have laughed together and at each other.
I could NEVER have made it through the years after Kailee's accident before she passed away without Joey. He was so wonderful to me and to both Cassi and Kailee. I remember the day that he came to the gym to switch cars with me so that it would be easier to get her wheelchair in and out. Even though his car was brand new.
He would offer to drive with Kailee in a separate car so that I could have a break from her screaming even if it was just for a few minutes.
He helped me physically, emotionally and financially with Kailee. I don't know how many men would have been willing to do that for anyone.
He truly saved my life back then.
I will never be able to repay him for that and I will forever be grateful for him and what he did for me. I will love him and respect him for that forever. He will always be Kailee's dad!
We have built a couple of businesses together, lost one and sold a couple of businesses together.
We have gone through a bankruptcy together.
We have gone through major job changes and loss together.
We have the most amazing kids. The Boys from his first marriage...Greyden and Gage. Cassidy and Kailee from my first marriage and our Beautiful Savana that we share.
Joey is an amazing man and I will always be grateful for the years we spent together for all the good times and the bad times.
I want nothing but the best for him.
I hope that all of my family and friends continue in their friendship/relationship with him. He is a good man!
It is always hard and sad to go through a Divorce. I feel at peace and calm with the decision. I am looking forward to the future but sad about the end of such a long relationship.
My focus is on my relationship with my kids and making sure they come out of this as best they can.
I am wishing Joey all the best. We are going to continue to work together, He will just work out of Prudential Utah's Bountiful Office. We are still friends and will be.
It is always scary to think of your life changing so much. I am grateful for such sweet friends and family. I am grateful for all that I have.
I am going to be able to stay in my home.....Which I am so grateful for. This is my home and I hope that it always will be. Joey will move close so that we can share custody of Savana and share time.
Thanks for all you have all done already.
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this must be. It's great, though,that you have such a good attitude about your husband and your desires for your entire family. Your kids are lucky to have parents who are committed to them even though the marriage has ended.
ReplyDeleteLots of love and hugs sent your way.
I admire that you choose such kind terms and ways of describing Joey and your history together even though there have been such hard times. You both are good people and will always be amazing co-parents even though you won't be married. I am so so thankful you are staying in your house close to me!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You are amazing, beautiful and Strong! I admire you and your love for life. My prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAnny, Thank you for sharing your story! do know we love you and always admire you for your strength and positive attitude, my heart is sadly overwhelmed by the news but glad to hear you are at peace and calm. We wish you and joey the best! Please come and visit for a laugh and good food. Love you! Ira.
ReplyDelete