Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gage the rage......

Tomorrow is Gage's 19th birthday! How in the world can he be 19 years old.
When Joey and I got married Gage was 6!!!!

Gage is such a joy to have around, and you know when he is around because when he isn't the house is quiet and clean.
 He is an absolute tornado!
Always happy, always making noise and creating fun. I have never met someone that can make a mess as fast as Gage can, it is truly amazing to me. BUT he is also a huge help to me around the house and yard. There are so many times when I have come home to Gage cleaning the house for me.
Some of my favorite memories of Gage are:

I was sick and having a bad day and Gage went to the store to buy me 2 boxes of Ding Dongs (my favorite treat) to make me feel better.

When Gage was a sophomore at Viewmont and Greyden was a senior, I went to the school to watch an assembly where the boys band was playing. That day Gage had been told he couldn't play because he had a "U". He was VERY upset. I thought Gage was backstage watching. I was standing at the back of the Auditorium talking to friends of ours that were the Vice Principals at Viewmont as the band starting playing, Gage was in a gorilla suit playing his guitar, then he handed the guitar off, did a back flip and ran off stage. The school staff was very upset, chased after him, made me go backstage and asked me to call him. By the time I got him to answer he had run all the way to walmart in Centerville. He came back to the school and was suspended. embarrassing at the time but pretty funny now.

Before Kailee died Gage was a typical boy and really didn't pay much attention to her in front of me. BUT I would go to the store or leave the room and come to find that Kailee had sunglasses on her or stuffed animals next to her or he would paint her nails. It was really sweet!

The Noises of Gage....How do you describe this.....Tyler and Gage with their elk call things they put under their tongues and talked with for weeks. Gage can and does make the oddest, loudest noises of anyone that I have ever met.

Gage asked me to go with him to Husky camp his first day of Jr. High at Farmington Jr. High. I was really touched that he wanted me there. We showed up and I was the only parent there. I asked him if he wanted me leave because I was the only one. He said no and I went with him to all of his classes with him and all of the kids.

Gage loves to cook and he is actually pretty good at it. BUT he destroys my kitchen when he does it. I am always amazed at his creativity. He asks alot if he can make dinner for the family.

I Love how close he is to his siblings...even Savana...who he fights with constantly even though they are 8 years apart.

He is constantly making up songs and dancing around. He is purely entertaining.

I have been so blessed to have Gage live here as much as he has. I feel so fortunate to have him for a son and to be his step mom. Happy Birthday Gagie!
Warning....Lots of photos to follow

Our hike to White Pine Lake

 

Cassi and Gage after the Salt Lake 5k

They ran the 5k I did the half marathon

Cassi, Tyler, Caylie and Cassi on the 4th of July

In Disney World

Gage and Cassi

Christmas Dance last year...I love this picture because it shows their personalities and friendship

Disney world Greyden, Gage, Cassi and Savana

Homecoming last year with Jobee

Cassi and Gage in Disneyworld

Prince Ty Ty and Gage

White Pine

I asked him to go and buy me a water bottle and he came back with about 6 bottles because he knows how much I drink...LOL

Gage and Coleman at Oakridge on the 4th

I did a girls trip to Disneyland and Gage wanted to come. One of the funnest trips I have ever taken with my kids.

Boating with cousins at Bear Lake

Gage and Austin

Greyden and Gage in Hawaii playing baseball

Music...One of his loves





 






On the girls trip in Disneyland with Cassi and Brighton




At the Vigor 5k..me, Gage and Savy







Kinda scary picture...Glad Savy survived

At youth conference


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment