Monday, April 16, 2012

Girlfriends

I had the opportunity to go to my friend Teresa's cabin for an overnighter with a couple of my girlfriends. We had so much fun. We missed those that weren't able to come with us though. It is wonderful that just sitting around with friends talking for hours can be so good for your soul!
The cabin is in Robertson, Wyoming, which is mostly in the middle of nowhere near Ft. Bridger.

This got me thinking about how lucky I am to have and have had such amazing girlfriends.
The three of us that went to the cabin probably couldn't be more different in so many ways and yet very much a like. We all Love each other and respect different things about each other.
Sandra, Teresa and I in front of my muddy Jeep at church yesterday


Our girlfriends make us laugh, listen to us cry, tell us the truth-even when it's difficult to say-and stand up for us when necessary. They sometimes know us better than we know ourselves, and understand us when no one else does.
They are not only essential for coping with our day-to-day frustrations or sharing private jokes, they help us limp through a crisis and, in the long run, help us grow as women and human beings.
Our girlfriends say much about who we are - where we are in our lives, what aspects of ourselves we value or are trying to develop.

Psychologist Jean Baker Miller wrote, "Women's sense of self becomes very much organized around being able to make and then to maintain affiliation and relationships".
Our Girlfriend relationships, therefore are a crucial component of our development.

In many ways there are similarities between becoming friends and finding a romantic love. Just as there can be love at first sight, so a friendship can click in the blink of an eye. Other friendships grow and show themselves in time. Whatever the circumstances, every woman seems to remember when she found her girlfriends - that first moment she recognized a special friendship.

There are old friends, lifelong friends, new friends, best friends and lost friends, soul mates and confidants.
My girlfriends are inspiring, enlightening, they make me laugh. They accept me through everything. They give me strength and are invaluable!

I can't imagine my life without them, I mourn for the ones that I no longer have contact with for various reasons. I am so grateful for all that they do for me and have done for me.

I think of friends that I have had since I was a child,That were in YW with me. The Friends that I was on swim team with. The girls that were like cousins because we don't remember not ever knowing each other, We went on vacations together and our parents are friends.
My girlfriends that got me through Jr. High school and High school, Friends that loved me and forgave me even when my poor choices hurt them. I think of my friend who was my maid of honor for my first wedding, She was also there at my baptism...We met when we were 7, the Friends that helped me survive my first marriage.
I think of those friends that were there when I realized my first marriage was over, that loved me through all of my craziness when I was dating and single. The girlfriend that lived 3 doors down in our townhouse complex....I don't know that I could have survived without her, The girlfriends that drove me to the hospital the day of the accident, that were there for me EVERY day after Kailee's accident. The friends that were there in the room with me the day my sweet daughter passed away. The Friends that helped learn to cope with the loss of a child and loved me even when there wasn't much there to love.
The friends that I have run with every day over the last 10+ years. The firends that go with me on my crazy adventure ideas...even deciding to run a half marahon at 8 PM the night before.
The friends that I work with.
The friends that are like sisters to me and make me laugh more than anyone I know. My wonderful mom, sisters, sister in laws, aunts, cousins and grandmothers.

I could go on and on.....I am SO blessed by so many beautiful, amazing woman. I am grateful You all make me a better woman! You have shaped who I am and how I think. I pray that I will always have such wonderful amazing women in my life.
I know there are a lot of photo's below but I could have added 50 more and there are so many amazing women that I don't have any photo's with....I am so blessed!
Me with Cari Creighton and my YW leaders

Me with my Cousin/friend Becca Homer

6th grade with friends

Loisa, Nikki Allred, Shelly Allred and me. Lifelong friends

Shelly Allred and I on my wedding day. She and I met when we were 7. Love this girl!


My baptism with my family and Shelly Allred

Shelly Allred and I at a Swim Meet when we were 7 or 8.

At Lake Powell with my mom and Sisters

9th Grade with Brittny and Bonnie
Sarah Johnson and I at the temple...

Me, Jinger Becker, Dani Pilcher and Jodi Molhman in 8th grade on the field house at Bingham Middle

Debi and I

Heather Miller, Alesa, Wendy And I at a swim meet in Jr. High

With the 6th ward girls for YW

Kevin's Harem out on tour...

Lunch at the SL Board of Realtors with my girls

Teresa and I after our first Half Marathon EVER!

Me, Angie Wheeler-Dastic and Amanda at Wheels Bachlorette party

Alesa, Lucinda and I at Trunk or treat

My fav photo of Tauni and I

LOVE this photo of Teresa handing off to me at Ragnar

Ragnar...Emily, Teresa, Tatiana, Tauni, Me, Jill and Rene

Me with Rachelle

Our Crazy 17 mile walk...Tauni and Kristi

KelLee and I At the hospital with both of our girls there for 4 months this time

Mari and I!

Bull riding contest at Saddle Ranch

Teresa's 50 mile run for her 50th

Me, Teresa and Tauni

Ragnar..Rene, Kristen, Ashley, Tauni, Teresa and Ashley

Kristen and I

LOVE THIS GIRL! Amanda and I at her Bachlorette party

The Bachlorette Party in Eden

Me and Amanda

Ogden 1/2 marathon 2011...Me, Mandolin, Kristen, Tasha, Dorthy and Teresa

Park City Pink 1/2 marathon...Sandra, Tauni and I

One of our Thanksgiving day runs

Making ourselves laugh...Rene, Tash and I

Kristin and I

Karen, Kristi, Charlotte and I

Sweet Dana and I

Pat and I...

1 comment:

  1. You are a very loved and cherished person, Annie. A person who has as many friends as you do is one who has managed to not judge, embrace flaws, and see life through others' eyes. I am so thankful to be counted among your friends and to be able to learn and laugh by your side!

    ReplyDelete