Wednesday, November 2, 2011

8 years ago today

It is hard imagine that only 8 years have past and that it has been 8 years all at the same time.

Our beautiful Kailee went back to live with her heavenly Father today 8 years ago.
She was born March 14, 1998 beautiful and perfect. She was a really fun, sweet, mischievous child. She really was such a joy. When she was just learning to talk and I think she was at the funnest age possible 18 months old. She nearly hung herself on a swing set. She went without oxygen for about 10-15 minutes and because of this became severally handicapped. She could not communicate in any way, sit up, hold her head up, swallow, see or really do anything. She was in a vegetative state. She was in diapers, had a bacolifin pump, a GJ Tube that fed her 24 hours a day. She was on about 10 different meds and she had scoliosis and seizures many times a day. We went to Primary children's hospital at least 3 times a week. So basically all consuming. Kailee lived this way for 4 years.
We learned to love to take care of Kailee. We learned to Love PCMC. We learned how to revolve our family around her and we learned to have gratitude in all the things that Kailee brought to us and taught us.
I don't know how you can adequately write about Kailee, her life and how blessed we are and were because we are her family.....It feels like if I started I would never stop...
I am very grateful that I got to be Kailee's mom! I miss her more than words can say. This year has been especially hard. The gap between Cass and Savy is so much more evident this year than ever before because Kailee is not there to fill it. I still wonder every day what our healthy Kailee would be like, who she would be friends with, What sports would she be into? and then I wonder every day what our life would be like if the Kailee after the accident was still here....What she would be like? How that would have impacted our family...what we would all be doing because of her and with her?...I love the video that our neighbor made below. This is what we used for her funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59scESm7TJg&feature=email



Kaileebug 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I loved the video. Thank you for sharing. I could really feel Kailee's strong spirit shining through. What an incredible family you have. When you are 95 years old you will still feel the "presence of absence" that remains without your Kailee here on earth. I hope Kailee and Mason are buds up there. I hope you feel her extra close today.

    ReplyDelete