Saturday, October 8, 2011

Homecoming

I honestly can't believe that I have a daughter old enough to go to HOMECOMING!!!!! I have my boys(step sons)  that are 20 and 18 but this is my first daughter to go. It feels like I just went to Homecoming myself.
Today was Crazy but so much fun.
Last night I talked 2 of my friends into running a half marathon with me today. I signed up for the race a few weeks ago and they signed up this morning. We had to leave Farmington at 5 am to get to Park City, It was raining here in Farmington and as we go to Park City it was SNOWING!
It snowed and rained on us the entire time we were running. I love that my sweet friends were willing to get up and run with me. The race is called the Pink Half Marathon and it is only for Women and to benefit Breast Cancer research and treatment. It is also to honor those who have survived.

Me, Sandra and Tauni before the race



After the run I had Tauni drop me off at the UofU game to go to the game with Friends. We were able to watch until half time. I just love Football! We had a great time and then we had to run home to help get Cassi, Gage and their friends ready for Homecoming.
There is so much to think about when you are the mom and not going to the dance. I didn't even think about or remember that Cassi would need to get a boutonniere for her date until just 2 days ago. YIKES! We barely got it made and picked up in time thanks to my friend Teresa. We also didn't get a corsage for Jobe from Gage. I don't know what I was thinking......
We had my cutest friend ever Amy Preston come over to do Cassidy, Jobe and Ali's hair. It was so much fun to watch these girls do their makeup, get their hair done and put their beautiful dresses on.
Cassidy went with a cute boy named Jake Cutler. Gage took Jobe who is Cassidy's best friend. and Gage's best friend Cort took his girlfriend Ali.
I am so proud of Cassidy, Gage and their friends but I am truly not old enough to have a daughter that is old enough to go to a high school dance! I am so looking forward to many more moments like this with my beautiful daughter.
Amy starting on Cassi's hair

Halfway through

Ali, Jobe and Cassi getting ready

Beautiful Amy with Cassi



Look how beautiful the back of her hair is!!!

Getting the dress all done up

Me and Cass

Cassi and Lindsey

Cass and her BFF Jobe!!!Most beautiful girls ever!

My favorite Picture of the night!!!!

 

Cassi with her date Jake


The girls!!!

Gage and his date Jobe...We love them both!!!



Gage's group and Cass!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting Sandra, she had a blast and said it was very pretty with the fall colors and the new fallen snow on the mountains, although she nearly froze to death.

    Cassi looked very pretty, I hope she had fun. I know how you feel, Christian can start dating in 6 months! Our kids are growing up too fast, not to mention I met and started dating Sandra when we were 17!!! In the back of your mind you have to think, one of these people they date their going to marry!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, Cassie looks absolutely stunning. I love the dress and her hair is amazing! You are such a wonderful mother. You are so empathetic and patient with you children. Joey and your kids are so blessed to have you. And thank you for inviting me on last Saturday's adventure. It's always nice to push the boundaries of what you think you can do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete