Monday, August 1, 2011

THe last few months

I took a promotion in April and it has kept me so busy that I have hardly had time to breathe let alone write on here. I really do enjoy my new job and love all of the new people that I am working with. I miss so much the agents in the bountiful office. I miss seeing them on a daily basis.
This summer has been so fun. We have done so many things. I can'tbelieve that we are in August now and that school starts in a few weeks.
At the end of May I ran the Ogden Half Marathon with a bunch of my friends, such a beautiful run...one of my favorites.





In June we ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay again. I absolutely love running this race. I love seeing people that I usually only see when we run this and I love having ran it with some of the same people for the last 6-7 years, I don't remember how many...I think this was my 7th year running it. This year I had 3 different costumes, the first one was Big bird, then I changed into "Good Luck Bear" from the Care Bears and then my last costume was Wonder woman again but I didn't put it on because it was so windy that I didn't want anything extra on.
Also, in June we took our kids and ran the Dirty Dash 5k which I have to say I didn't love but my kids did. I went to the DI and bought prom dresses for everyone including Gage which we all ran in. CJ and Jobe (Kids friends) ran this with us. I love doing races with my kids.



 
In July I have probably ran too many races but I have decided that I am going to run the ones I want while I can. I love running different races because I get to see new area's of the state and I am in shape now and able to and I might not be next month even. I don't run them to compete just for myself and my own experiences.
On July 4th we ran (what was supposed to be on Memorial Day) the Capitol Hill half marathon.


 
Then on July 9th we ran the spartan race, my younger brother convinced me, and my older sister to run this with him and his friends who are all in their 20's. I am really glad that he did. This was an 8 mile run wtih obstacles mixed in and it was physically and mentally challenging. I was shocked by how hard some of the obstacles were. I really enjoyed some of them and others were just terrible!




 



 
Then a week later I woke up on a Saturday morning, needing a bit of peace for myself struggling with a few personal things and decided that I was going to go run a trail run that I had heard about. I left my house at 5:15 in the morning drove to the start line, registered for the race and ran. This was a heavy half so it was supposed to be 14 miles all on trails called the Fully N.U.T.S. 1/2 marathon. I LOVED this run. So pretty but I did get lost and ended up running 16 miles...I was a little bit bugged by this. Oh well!


This last weekend we ran the Timpanogos Half Marathon. I LOVED this course. so pretty and well ran. I was tempted to run the full marathon because it started at 3 AM and would have been cool the entire way. I didn't though I just did the half.


 
I have to say thoug that I am so grateful for a healthy body and the ability to do so many things. After having a broken foot that limited me so much for over a year, I am happy to just be able to get out and go.

I have so much on my mind that I am feeling a few more posts in the next couple of days...sorry!

1 comment:

  1. My dearest Annie, I really can't believe how amazing you are! Really. You are such an inspiration to me. You have done so many races this year! And you have such a rockin' bod! Seriously--LONG legs, slim and totally toned. I have to admit I'm a bit covetous of your body. ;). I'm glad you are liking your new job, although I hope you're not overworking yourself! Your recent comments on my blog meant a lot to me--it was a hard weekend. I'm so blessed to have you as my friend. I love my Annie.

    ReplyDelete